The Institut Pasteur announces an international call for candidates wishing to create independent young researcher groups within institutes of the Pasteur International Network (more information on www.pasteur-international.org)
International research project
In this world famous global network, young group leaders will develop new research programs on infectious, neglected and tropical diseases. Only outstanding candidates proposing quality project in microbiology, virology, immunology, genetics, epidemiology or entomology need apply. An innovative project should be proposed to one or several institutes of the network in limited income countries. Transversal projects including epidemiology, virology, entomology, and partnerships with national and international universities would be highly appreciated.
Successful candidates will be appointed as head of a group for 4 years. The start-up package (up to 320,000€ over 4 years) may include the salary for the group leader, a technician, basic laboratory equipment and a contribution to running costs. Candidates will also have access to institute facilities. The appointee will be expected to obtain additional funds necessary to ensure the success of the group.
Candidates condition and application
Candidates must hold a PhD degree and experienced international postdoctoral from 3 years to 8 years. They should send their formal applications before October 1st 2013 by email to the Selection Committee : firstname.lastname@example.org Application must be fully prepared with the hosting institute. It should comprise the following (in order) in a single pdf file :
1. A brief motivation letter ;
2. A Curriculum Vitae and a full publication list ;
3. A description of past and present research activities (up to 5 pages with 1.5 spacing) specifying international partnerships ;
4. The proposed unit project (up to 10 pages with 1.5 spacing) including a title, a summary, activities descriptions and a budget plan ;
5. Letters of recommendation, together with the names of scientists with a potential conflict of interest from whom evaluations should not be requested.
More information about doing research at the Pasteur Institute of Madagascar can be obtained from the Pr. Christophe ROGIER: email@example.com