Committee for the evaluation and prevention of conflicts of interest (CEPCI)
French constitution does not include a legal definition for the conflict of interest; this is neither a civil nor a criminal offence; however the illegal acquisition of interest constitutes an offence.
Conflicts of interest may be of multiple types; these can be direct, indirect, domestic and of various kinds (financial interests in a company, personal activities, and occasional interventions: clinical trials, expertise reports, consulting activities, invitations as guest speaker, substantial payments to an institution, relatives involved in the companies mentioned above, relationship of subordination, etc.).
The CEPCI aims at setting up a transparent and efficient management policy of conflicts of interest, in order to:
1 - Strengthen public’s and partners’ trust
2 - Protect the IHU’s authors from potential conflicts of interest.
3 - Ensure the IHU’s transparency at international level
The missions of this committee are:
- Qualify and quantify the conflicts of interest at the request of the IHU’s contributors
- Provide qualified numbered reports
- Assess potential conflicts of interest of the research performed upon contracts with industrial partners
- Contribute, by giving opinions and assessments, to the implementation of the conflicts of interest management policy
- Provide ongoing supervision on the current best practices in similar institutions, especially abroad
The means of the Committee include:
- A code of ethics regulating the conflicts of interest report,
- A sworn statement regarding transparency renewed and archived annually.
- And a confidentiality contract to complete by each industrial partner.
The actions of this committee will be to inform, to advise and to warn the IHU’s contributors and present an annual report on the ethics and independence of the scientific expertise in terms of conflict of interest.
Rules of procedure of the Committee for the evaluation and prevention of conflicts of interest
Public declaration form of interest